King Charles the Martyr, Tunbridge Wells

The Parish Church of King Charles the Marty, Tunbridge Wells

East window

The stained glass in our east window dates from 1901, when the church was reordered and the sanctuary put in place (see the Architecture page). It shows the Easter scene with the three Marys at the tomb. The scriptual text that tells the story, set to music by the 16th century Spanish composer Francisco Guerrero, was recorded by some of our singers in this video.